Are you the 1%? You’re sharp, experienced and dedicated. You are focused and relentless in producing valuable results. You demonstrate the core values of a team player and a leader. You take pride in being a top performer yet challenge yourself with opportunities for continual learning and professional growth.
Inner Valor is seeking a Full-Time Security Officer to support our rapidly expanding investigations and security business. The Security Officer’s role will be to maintain a safe and secure environment for our clients’ employees, visitors and properties.
With the guidance of our experienced leadership team, you will be confronted with rewarding assignments that provide direct value to our clients while supporting your career development. At Inner Valor, we’ve built our company on the belief that our employees are our greatest assets and that a work-life balance is also required for success. Our human resources strategy is to invest in our employees for the long term rather than to hire our employees to fill a job position.
Job description includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Ensure the security, safety and well-being of all personnel, visitors and the premises
- Provide excellent customer service
- Adhere to Inner Valor’s and our clients’ service and operating standards
- Remain in compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Immediately respond to emergencies to provide necessary assistance to employees and customers
- Protect the company’s assets relative to theft, assault, fire and other safety issues
- Follow procedures for various initiatives, including fire prevention, property patrol, traffic control and internal investigations
- Prepare highly detailed shift reports and incident reports
- Use databases to assist in organizing shift intelligence, external resources, and inventory
- Initiate, establish, and maintain effective working relationships inside and outside the company
- A qualified 1%er
- 18+ years of age
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of following complex instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to participate in Inner Valor’s screening process, including drug test, driving record and background investigation
- Knowledge of security operations and procedures
- Associate or Bachelor Degree preferred
- Illinois PERC card
- 20-Hour Basic Security Officer Training
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.